Match Reports Sept 20th & 21st





Under 11 Premier

Corinthian Boys  1  Mallow 4

Under 12 Premier Division

Corinthian Boys 2  Avondale Utd.  1

Under 12 Division 4

Castleview A  2  Corinthian Boys A  0

Under 13  Premier

 Douglas Hall  2  Corinthian Boys  3

Under 14 Premier Division

Greenwood 1  Corinthian Boys  1

Under 14 Division 1

Mayfield Utd. 1  Cor Boys A  5

Under 14 Division  5

Corinthian Boys B  3  Avondale 0

Under 14 Division 5

Cor Boys B  3   Riverstown A  0

Under 15 Premier

Lakewood Ath.  0  Corinthian Boys  1   

Under 16 Premier Division

Ccorinthian Boys  5  Rockmount  1

Under 16 Division 2

Cor Boys A  1  Macroom  3

Under 16 Division 3

St. Marys  1  Cor Boys B  5

Under 17 Premier

College Corinthians  2  Carrigaline Utd.  0


Under 17 Division 1

College Corinthians A  2  Blarney Utd.  A  1

Under 18 Minster Youth Cup

College Corinthians  4  Rockmount  1

Munster Senior League

College Corinthians  3  Carrigaline Utd.  0 

Munster  Junior League

Leeside 1 College Corinthians  1 




Under 11 Premier


Corinthian Boys 1 Mallow 4


This weeks game saw second play first. The game started with some good play from both sides and featured some very tough tackling as both teams looked to stamp their authority on the game. With few chances it took until the 15th minute before the first goal was scored and it was a soft goal to give away by the home side. A corner which was only partially cleared was hopefully hit back into the mix and it was misjudged by the keeper as it bounced in-front of him with the ball bounced over him and into the empty net. The home side now faced with the prospect of having to chase a game for the second time in a week, did just that before the break as a one two between Rory Barron and Ben Weldon just inside their own half saw Ben Weldon collect the ball and race clear from the half way line and hold off the chasing defender and slot it past the advancing keeper for 1-1 and that's how the half finished, with Corinthians now well back in the game. The second half started a lot more open than the first with a couple of chances for both sides to take the lead but it was the away side who made the breakthrough when a corner swung to the near post was volleyed past his own keeper by a defender when trying to clear his lines to give the away side a fortuitous lead. Chances came and went for both sides with only poor finishing and some great defending and keeping by both sides keeping the score at 1-2. With just ten minutes remaining the home side wasted 3 great chances to draw level but it was the away side who again scored, and again fortuitously from another own goal as this time a defender sliced a clearance into his own net for 1-3. The home side now with their heads starting to drop still fashioned a couple more great chances to pull a goal back, but wasted them and with time up a long cross was tapped in at the back post to give the away side a slightly flattering 1-4 lead which was an extremely harsh score line on the home side who competed well throughout and did not deserve to be on the end of a 1-4 score line.



Under 12


Premier Division


Corinthian Boys  2  Avondale Utd.  1


Corinthians Got the better of a Avondale in this very competitive Premier clash. Goals from Daire Burke and Ramon Gaspera proved decisive as Corinthians held off a late Avondale comeback


Division 4


Castleview A  2  Corinthian Boys A  0

Castleview had a deserved victory over a gallant Corinthians side who worked tirelessly through out but just could not find the finishing touch in front of goal. Deri Delma, Ben Healy and Ruan O’ Donoghue impressed for Corinthians.


Under 13


Premier Division

Douglas Hall 2  Corinthian Boys  3

Corinthian Boys U13s secured a hard-earned 3-2 victory away to Douglas Hall this weekend. Corinthians started off brightly and went 2-0 up deservedly after 15 minutes. The first goal came after good work by Jack Leonard down the wing, resulted in a cross that was finished coolly by Robert Geaney O'Brien. The second goal came shortly afterwards with Eoin Redmond rising highest in the penalty box to powerfully head home a Matthew Healy corner. Shortly into the second half, Matthew Healy extended Corinthians' lead to 3-0 with a fine 20 yard shot. To their credit, Douglas Hall then increased the tempo of their game and made a valiant effort to get back into the game. Corinthian Boys rose superbly to this challenge and both sides largely cancelled each other out until the last quarter of the game when the game exploded into action resulting in a nail-biting finish.  Great drama ensued when Douglas Hall were awarded 2 penalties in quick succession that were coolly converted by Jack Flanagan to leave the score at 3-2 with 2 minutes to go. Bizarrely,  the drama was still not over as Douglas Hall then had a goal disallowed. Relief all round to hear the final whistle. Credit to all the Corinthian Boys for a magnificent effort to secure maximum points. 

Team: C. O'Leary, S. Cantillon, S. Cotter, E. Redmond, A. Hill (D. O'Sullivan 40), J. Harte (D. Welch 32), M. Healy, D. Meade, M. Nason (G. Coomber 35), J. Leonard (M. Redmond 40), R. Geaney O'Brien (D. Okonkwo


Under 14


Premier Division


Greenwood  1  Corinthian Boys  1

Under 14 Premier Match Report


Greenwood 1 – Corinthian Boys 1


The U14 premier suffered their first points loss today to a deflected shot in the 70th minute against Greenwood.


Corinthians started very brightly putting the Greenwood defence under pressure from the off. The scoring was opened by Adam Idah who after a powerful mazy run, beating 4 defenders  slipped the ball past the keeper.


Corinthians continued to dominate after the goal, but in trying to add to the scoring Adam Idah fell awkwardly and injured his foot. he came off after 20 minutes. This upset the teams rhythm but Ricardo Dinanga quickly settled into the role.


The second half started in much the same fashion with Greenwood putting very scoring chances together. Both sides played a lot of the game in the middle, Neither side had any clear cut chance, until the 70th minute when a small bit of hesitancy in clearing the ball led to the shot which received a big deflection leaving the keeper with no chance.


Team: R Lombard, D.Murphy, J.McFall, S.Philpott, L.Barron, D.Fox( M.Hill 60), S.Dunlea(K.McGowan 55) , C.Murphy, R.Dinanga, F.Molloy, A.Idah(L.Edwards 20), Subs O’O’Keeffe, J.Holden


Division 1


Mayfield Utd.  1  Cor Boys A  5


his was an impressive team performance by Corinthians who scored 5 goals playing some superb football. The lads created 4 great scoring opportunities in the first 15 minutes but failed to find a way past the Mayfield keeper. A superb full length save from Max White kept the score at 0-0. Corinthians dominated the rest of the first half and took a deserved lead lead when Ben Lucey's shot came back off the crossbar and Andrew Greany slotted the rebound past the keeper. The same 2 players combined for Greany's second goal just before half time. Ruairi Moriarty put Lucey through to make it 3-0 early in the second half. Mayfield pulled one back but substitute James Walsh made sure of victory with a well struck shot into the corner off the net from 20 yards. Lucey ran onto another superb ball from Moriarty and he easily beat the keeper for Corinthians 5th goal.  


Under 15


Premier Division


Lakewood Ath.  0  Corinthian Boys  1


A hard fought victory for Corinthians securing all three points in a tough game away to Lakewood. After a frantic opening ten minutes , Corinthians began to take control and were soon rewarded with the opening goal after the ball was won well by Daniel O'Donovan and played into the path of Beineon O'Brien Whitmarsh who's cool finish easily beat the keeper into the back of the net. It stayed 1-0 at the break thanks to resilient defending from both Lakewood's defence and Corinthians' back four of Tony Brophy, Patrick Buckley, Colin O'Mahony and Fintan Barrett. The second half told the same story with Corinthians in control but Lakewood always threatening to score from counter-attacks and set pieces. But, battling together as a team, Corinthians wrapped up the three points to make it 4 straight league wins in a row. Excellent performances from Eoin Carey, Patrick Buckley, Tony Brophy and Alan Kelleher ensured an important win. After arthroscopy, I restored the knee with Soma as prescribed by a doctor. There is a convenient scheme of reception – a pill a day helps already through couple of hours. I worried about the stomach, but there were no side effects. Thanks to the inventor of this wonderful drug! There is more information on the website


Under 16

Division 3


St. Marys  1  Corinthian Boys B  5


An excellent second half from the boys as they brushed aside the challenge of a well organised St Marys side.  Patrick O’Callaghan put the boys ahead with a well taken free kick from 30 yards in the first half that the Marys keeper could only parry into his own net. A lapse in concentration on the left before the break, allowed a Marys wide player to cross a ball into the box and their striker finished well to the bottom corner to send them in 1-1 at half time.  But the boys were a different prospect in the second half with O’Callaghan hitting the back of the net after only 13 seconds and he added 2 more to his tally before the 80 minutes was up.  Sean Foley also got on the score sheet with a wonderful drive from outside the box after some good team work down the left.  Paddy Kelleher marshalled the back four brilliantly all day and Oshin Lucas again gave a master class in midfield and was involved in every attack for the boys but the man of the match had to be O’Callaghan who kept up his phenomenal scoring record for the team by hitting the net four times.


A Sunday roast was served up in Leeside park as the football matched the weather!!! Cors were much the better team  but probably go away with a point earned in a difficult venue.


Munster Junior League

Premier Division

Leeside 1  College Corinthians 1

Cors were well on top in 1st half and took the lead deservedly when Ian Tobin pounced after a free kick was dropped. Great defensive play by Paul Burke gave Cors the lead at HT. Second half was diff game as the home side grew in confidence and scored a sloppy goal that they scrambled home. They  were also awarded a dubious decision by the ref but Ross de Sar saved very well to his left hand side. Cors introduced Mark Parkes back from injury and he looked lively and Cors looked a threat on the break. But the second goal couldn’t be found,  1-1 it finished.



  • cab.jpg

  • cab.jpg

  • cab.jpg

  • cab.jpg

  • seefineng

  • southcounty.jpg

  • soundstore.jpg