College Corinthians Constitution
Please read the file by clicking here. It is the new constitution of the club.
If you have any comments, please send them to email@example.com .
COLLEGE CORINTHIANS A.F.C.
The name of the Club shall be College Corinthians A.F.C. (herein after called "the Club").
- 2.1 The official colours of the Club shall be royal blue and white.
- 2.2 The official Club kit shall be a royal blue and white halved shirt with royal blue socks and shorts.
- 2.3 The alternative strip shall be yellow shirts with black socks and shorts.
- 2.4 A team should only change strip in the event of a clash of colours with the opposition.
- 2.5 Permission must be sought from the Committee where a set of gear is offered to a team within the Club where the colours differ from the Club colours.
The objects of the Club are to promote and encourage the game of association football (soccer) and for that purpose to provide and maintain playing fields and facilities for the playing thereon and therein of all forms of association football and, subject to the provisions of this constitution, other sports or game
- 4.1 The rules of the Club will be defined by the Associations it is affiliated to, and in particular the National Governing Body.
- 4.2 Further rules particular to the Club shall be in line with the Code of Practice adopted by the Club
Classes of members
- 5.1 All persons male and female are eligible to join the Club. There shall be five classes of members namely:
- a. A full member – person over the age of 18 years and over.
- b. A Youth Academy member – a member over the age of 16 years and under the age of 18 years
- c. A schoolboy member – a member under the age of 16 years.
- d. An honorary member – honorary membership of the Club may be conferred on any person who has rendered exceptional service to the Club and such honorary member may be thus appointed for life or such other period as the Committee shall decide. Honorary members shall have all the privileges of full members and shall not be obliged to pay a subscription as herein provided.
- e. An associate member – associate membership shall be open to persons who wish to become involved in additional activities as may from time to time be promoted by the Club and such associate members shall not be obliged to pay membership subscription as herein provided.
- f. The Committee shall have the discretion to accept as full members of the Club those who fully subscribe to fund-raising programmes designated as such. Such persons will be accepted as full members in any year for which they have subscribed the contribution prescribed.
- Membership application
- 5.2 Every person wishing to become a member of the Club shall apply for membership on the form provided by the Club which form shall include an agreement on the part of the Applicant for membership to conform to and observe all rules, standards and codes of practice or other regulations as may be prescribed by the Club from time to time.
- 5.3 Every application for membership shall be accompanied by the annual Club subscription, which shall be fixed annually on or before the FIRST day of SEPTEMBER in each year by the Club.
- 5.4 A person shall pay the relevant subscription on an annual basis. Failure by such member to pay the subscription within FOUR weeks of the same becoming due shall cease to be a member. That person's name shall be removed from the register of members without prejudice to the right of such person to reapply for membership in accordance with the provisions hereof.
- Membership rights
- 5.5 All full members of the Club shall be entitled to attend and vote at meetings of the Club as are hereinafter provided.
- 5.6 Every application for membership shall be considered by the Committee (hereinafter defined) which shall have full discretion to refuse to admit any Applicant to membership of the Club. The Committee or as the case may be the Secretary of the Committee shall inform such Applicant in writing of the decision of the Committee on such application for membership. An Applicant who is refused membership of the Club may seek reasons for such refusal. Since my mother-in-law has been registered with a psychiatrist for five years, she has experienced hallucinations in the autumn-spring period. The doctor prescribes Valium. They stop aggression and you can sleep from them for a day. But everyone has a different organism, someone may not sleep, someone may not even help.
- 5.7 A register of members shall be kept by the Secretary of the Committee.
- Cessation of membership
- 5.8 A person shall cease to be a member of the Club on the happening of any of the following events:
•a. Upon giving written notice to the Secretary of resignation of membership.
Such notice shall be effective immediately upon receipt by the Secretary of the Club of such written notice.
•b. Upon failure to pay the annual subscription within one month after the same has become due.
•c. Upon special resolution by a majority of a General Meeting, either an Ordinary General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting.
A member whom it is sought to remove from membership shall be entitled to be heard and/or to be represented at such meeting and is entitled to call upon the chairman of such meeting to hold a secret ballot. The decision of the meeting shall be final in all respects
- 6.1 The Club shall be administered by the Committee who should be entitled to create Sub-Committees from time to time for such purpose or for such period as the Committee shall decide.
- 6.2 The Committee shall consist of not more than 15 members.
- 6.3 No person shall be a member of the Committee who is not a member of the Club.
- 6.4 The Committee shall consist of a Chairperson, Club Secretary, and Club Treasurer, each of whom shall be called Officers of the Club and other ordinary members up to the said maximum of fifteen members.
- 6.5 All Committees shall retire from office at every Annual General Meeting of the Club but shall be eligible for re-election at the said meeting or any other meeting of the Club, subject to a limit of THREE years.
- 6.6 The Committee shall be filled by election at such General Meeting. Where more than one eligible member is proposed as any particular Officer or where more than the required number of eligible members is proposed as other Committee members voting shall be by secret ballot. Where two or more candidates obtain an equal number of votes another secret ballot shall, if necessary, be taken in respect of such candidate.
- 6.7 The Committee shall have power, from time to time, to appoint any eligible member as an Officer or other Committee member to fill a casual vacancy. The total number of Committee members shall not at any time exceed the said number of members and such additional member so appointed shall hold office until the next Annual General Meeting.
- 6.8 A Committee member may retire from office upon giving one month's notice in writing to the Club of his intention to do so and such resignation shall take effect upon the expiration of such notice.
- 6.9 The Club may by ordinary resolution at Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting remove any Committee member before the expiration of his period of office.
- 6.10 Any member of the Committee who shall have absented himself from four consecutive meetings shall be deemed to have resigned from the Committee unless the committee grants the member explicit leave of absence.
- 6.11 The Club shall keep a register containing the names and address of all Committee members which register shall be available for inspection by members of the Club.
- 6.12 The Committee may meet together for the dispatch of business and may adjourn or otherwise regulate their meetings and proceedings as they shall think fit. In particular they may determine a quorum necessary for the transaction of business from time to time provided always that a minimum of five members of the Committee shall be present at each such meeting. If at any such meeting the Chairman is not present at the time appointed for holding such meeting the Committee members so present shall choose some one of their number to be Chairman of such meeting.
- 6.13 The interpretation of the Constitution shall be vested in the Committee, who shall decide on all questions relating to the Constitution.
- 6.14 No events shall be run or expenses incurred under the name of the Club, without prior sanction from the Executive Committee.
- 6.15 Each member of the Club shall have the right to be heard by the Committee upon any complaint or representation sent by him to the Club Secretary.
- 6.16 Sub committees formed pursuant to the provisions hereof (paragraph 6.1) may from time to time make rules and guidelines for the effective day to day management of the sub committee and/or teams and coaching sessions or other activities of the sub-committee.
- 6.17 Each sub committee shall present a report of its activities to the Committee annually or at such shorter interval as the Committee shall from time to time in its absolute discretion determine. Each sub committee shall also provide if required a report to the Annual General Meeting.
- Disciplinary Sub-Committee
- 6.18 There shall be a disciplinary sub-committee which shall have the power to discipline members subject to the rules of practice of the Club. The disciplinary sub-committee may for the purpose aforesaid convene a body to determine any matter arising from a complaint against a member and an Appeal shall lie from the decision of such body to the President for the time being of the FAI or his nominee whose decision shall be final
- Committee members' right to indemnification
- 6.19 The members of the Committee shall be entitled to be indemnified by the Club and by College Corinthians Association Football Club Limited in respect of any claim for damages howsoever arising from the due performance of the Committee and each of the members thereof of their obligations as members of the Committee or of any sub-committee of the Club
•7.1 The Club Secretary shall have the following duties:
- a. To attend general meetings of the Club and meetings of the Committee and Sub-Committees.
- b. To convene such meetings
- c. To keep minutes and other records of the Club.
- d. To conduct correspondence on behalf of the Club
- e. To carry out such other duties as may be required by the Committee from time to time.
- f. A temporary substitute for the Secretary may be appointed by the Committee for such purpose or such time as may be necessary.
•7.2 The Club Treasurer shall have the following duties:
- a. To set a budget for the following calendar year.
- b. To recommend an appropriate annual membership fee.
- c. To consider fund raising activities are required by the Club.
- d. To approve all Club expenditure and receipts or vouchers shall be submitted to the Treasurer before payment is made.
- e. To hold the Club cheque book and to countersign cheques.
- f. To deal with the Club's bankers from time to time.
- g. To produce a set of financial statements at each AGM.
- h. The Treasurer may appoint Club members to collect annual subscriptions from various members and/or groups of members.
•7.3 Committee members may act notwithstanding any vacancy in their number provided always that the membership of Committee members shall not be reduced below five.
•8. LINKS WITH U.C.C. A.F.C.
- 8.1 The Club was founded in 1971 by recent graduates of University College Cork.
- 8.2 In light of the above:
- a. The Club recognises and positively supports the link between the U.C.C. A.F.C. and the Club.
- b. The Club shall encourage schoolboy members to attend and play for U.C.C. in the future.
- c. The Club shall foster relations between the Club and U.C.C. A.F.C and shall help and advise U.C.C. A.F.C from time to time is so required.
•9. ANNUAL MEETINGS
- 9.1 The Club shall hold an Annual General Meeting (herein "AGM") every twelve months and not more than fifteen months shall elapse between the date of one AGM and that of the next. All General Meetings other than AGM shall be called Extraordinary General Meeting (herein "EGM").
- 9.2 An AGM or EGM shall be called by twenty-one days notice in writing inclusive of the day it is served or deemed to be served provided always that the accidental omission to give notice of a meeting to or non-receipt of notice of meeting by any member entitled to receive notice shall not invalidate the proceedings at that meeting.
- 9.3 In the case of the Annual General Meeting, all motions and nominations must be in the hands of the Honorary Secretary not less than five days before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
- 9.4 The following business shall be transacted at the Annual General meeting :
- Minutes of the previous General Meeting
- Annual Report submitted by rhe Club Secretary
- Financial Statement submitted by ythe Club Treasurer
- Election of members of the Committee
- Notices of Motion
- General Business
- 9.5 The Committee may at any time convene an EGM either of its own motion or on written request by not less than 25 PERCENT of the voting members. Such a request for a meeting must state the objects of the meeting proposed to be called.
- 9.6 Any notice convening an EGM shall state the agenda of the meeting and no other subject shall be discussed nor any other business transacted at such meeting.
- 9.7 Notice of Meetings shall be made by telephone calls, emails, ordinary post or by the giving of notice on their Club Notice Board or the Club website. A quorum at an AGM shall be fifteen members.
- 9.8 If within half an hour from the time appointed for the meeting a quorum of voting members is not present the meeting shall stand adjourned to some date to be fixed by the Committee. In the case of a meeting convened on the requisition of voting members, if within half an hour from the time appointed for such meeting a quorum of voting members is not present the meeting shall stand dissolved.
- 9.9 The Chairman of the Committee shall reside as chairman of every General Meeting of the Club or if he is not present within fifteen minutes after the time appointed for the holding of such meeting or is unwilling to act the members of the Committee present shall elect one of their numbers as Chairman of that meeting.
- 9.10 The Chairman may adjourn the meeting from time to time and from place to place and no business shall be transacted at any adjourned meeting other than the business left unfinished at the meeting from which the adjournment took place.
- 9.11 At any General Meeting voting shall be by a show of hands, unless a poll is demanded by the Chairman or in writing by at least two voting members.
- 9.12 If a poll is demanded in the manner aforesaid the same shall be taken in such manner as the Chairman directs and the result of the poll shall be deemed valid for all purposes whatsoever.
- 9.13 Where there is an equality of votes, whether on a show of hands or on a poll the Chairman of the meeting shall be entitled to a second or casting vote.
- 9.14 Each member of the Club shall have one vote only at meetings.
- 9.15 No objection shall be raised to the qualification of any voter except at the meeting or adjourned meeting at which the vote objected to is given or tendered and every vote not disallowed at such meeting shall be valid for all purposes. Any such objection shall be referred to the Chairman of the meeting and his decision shall be final and conclusive.
- 9.16 Votes must be given personally and not by proxy.
- 10.1 This constitution may be amended by vote of the members at either a General Meeting or at an EGM called for that purpose.
- 10.2 Any amendment shall be deemed passed if approved by simple majority at such meeting.
- 10.3 No addition, alteration or amendment shall be made to or in the provisions of this Constitution for the time being in force unless the same shall have been previously approved in writing by the Revenue Commissioners.
•11 INCOME AND PROPERTY
The income and property of the Club shall be applied solely towards the promotion of its main object(s) as set forth in this Constitution. No portion of the Club's income and property shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit, to the members of the Club. No Officer shall be appointed to any office of the Club paid by salary or fees, or receive any remuneration or other benefit in money or money's worth from the Club. However, nothing shall prevent any payment in good faith by the Club of:
- a) Any reasonable and proper remuneration to any member of the Club (not being an Officer) for any services rendered to the Club;
- b) Interest at a rate not exceeding 5% per annum on money lent by Officers or other members of the Club to the Club;
- c) Reasonable and proper rent for premises demised and let by any member of the Club (including any Officer) to the Club;
- d) Reasonable and proper out-of-pocket expenses incurred by any Officer in connection with their attendance to any matter affecting the Club;
- e) Fees, remuneration or other benefit in money or money's worth to any Company of which an Officer may be a member holding not more than one hundredth part of the issued capital of such Company.
If upon winding up or dissolution of the Club there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, it shall be given or transferred to some other institution or institutions having main objects similar to the main objects of the Club. The institution or institutions to which the property is to be given or transferred shall prohibit the distribution of its or their income and property among its or their members to an extent at least as great as is imposed on the Club under or by virtue of Clause 12 hereof. Members of the Club shall select the relevant institution or institutions at or before the time of dissolution, and if and so far as effect cannot be given to such provisions, then the property shall be given or transferred to some charitable object.
•13 KEEPING OF ACCOUNTS
Annual audited accounts shall be kept and made available to the Revenue Commissioners on request.